Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Peep Show!!!

For some odd reason everyone in my family LOVES PEEPS, except me! They cherish them, cannot wait to open a new pack and then immediately bite the head off! Go figure!

Kenton loves Peeps so much that he will buy them throughout the year- no special holiday is required for him to enjoy the gooey treats. And He tries to make them last as long as possible, kind of like how I try to keep a box of See's chocolate as long as possible. Please do not tell me that Peeps are as good as chocolate for that is impossible.


Everyone is getting into this Peep thing, even Jodi is sending Peeps to people on Facebook! (Although she did not send one to me I am not bitter).

I saw on one website that someone made a picture of Jesus out of Peeps, now come on peep-l!

I went to the Peep website (yes they do have a website) and learned that Peeps come in yellow, pink, blue, lavender, blue green and the new color green! Question, If you hid Peeps with the rest of your Easter candy for an easter egg hunt, wouldn't the green Peeps just blend into the grass?

Peeps come in the shape of a chick (this was the only type of peep available when I was a kid) or a rabbit during the spring Peep season. And though I have not seen them they do come in the shape of a Tulips!

I think the Peep people are trying to expand their customer base this year by offering a new Peep, you guessed it , a chocolate Peep - so far resisted that temptation without any problem.

So without trying to offend anyone I will just offer one simple picture of how I feel about Peeps -

5 comments:

  1. I hate peeps! They're gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I buy one of those cute little chicks online? Or would PETA not be ok with that? I want a green one so that it blends in with the grass for the easter egg hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I am not a big peep fan either. It's ALL about the chocolate. (=

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the PEEEEEEEEEEEPS!!!! They're nutritious and delicious, even if that's in my heart. YUUUUMMMMMMYYYYYY Yum YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Shauna - I feel the same way....we just blow ours up in the microwave! But there is something about a dry, crusty peep...oh well...I just have Reid keep buying chocolate!

    I hope we make it to SD again...would love to see you all!

    ReplyDelete