Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What was on the big screen...

So it just dawned on me that in 90 days from today I will be half a century old!!! Seriously, that is creepy to think let alone verbalize or type.
But I am not going to dwell on the sorry state of things in this blog - rather I am going to show you some of the more interesting things that were happening around the time I entered the picture.
So lets start at the movies.

Miss Marlyn Monroe has a spicy flick out, but I would assume that GrammaLainie and Grandpa Ray did not go to see it! The who could forget the killer movie Ben-Hur. I rented this from the video store on one of our last LONG road trips and could hardly get through it ... it's like 4 1/2 hours long. But it does have that great gladiator scene with "Moses" whipping the bad guy. I know that my folks must have seen this.




Then there was the comical movie Pillow Talk - with Doris Day and Rock Hudson. I just can't bring myself to put a clip on this blog however - it all just seems so wierd.

And Lastly, I love Alfred Hitchcock movies so I am delighted to know that North by Northwest was also produced in 1959. The stud Cary Grant is in this little flick, and I actully still like to TiVo this movie when it comes on the 24 Hour Oldy Movie channel ---- oh no, what am i saying!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment