Here is a collection of photo's we took. We loved London, and suggest that everyone go to see this amazing city but you cannot do London justice in any less than a weeks long visit. We took the Big Red Bus, you know those double decker buses that you see pictures of. You can jump on and off as you like and that is exactly what we did. The painted glass picture to the left was inside Londons oldest church. It shows the oldest part of London with the old castle, the tower, and several churches in the back.This picture of Kenton by the "Fools Paradise" sign was taken outside of an antique dealer with the last name of Oakes!


The weather in London on this day was cold and threatening rain so we stopped to get a Hot Chocolate from a street cafe. We had to take a photo of it because it was so tasty but THICK! the spoon would not even drop to the bottom of the cup.
Two Castle pictures taken below are of the original castle built in London called "The Tower" which was built in 1078 by Wm the Conqueror to whom shows up on our geneolgy chart.


We took a boat to the Greenwich area of London. Here we saw these actual phone booths, yes they are still like this in London. This big row of phone booths was at the antique place we went to the day before going to Lon
don.This is an actual picture of me and an Official Queens guard. It is not infront of Buckingham Palace, you can not evern get close to those guys for pictures but it is less that 2 football fields away at St. James Palace, I do not know who was inside the Palace at the time. Everyother picture taker stood about 4 feet away from these guys, but not me!
This plaque is on the wall at Westminster Abbey, you know the place where Dianna was married, and it turns out to be the place where Grandpa Oakes English progenitors where baptized! This Big Clock Tower is Big Ben!


And here is one last photo "Lillywhites" that Dad wanted me to take for his sons! I am not sure but there must be some inside story to this!!! ;-)
The chocolate looks like the chocolate and churros in Spain. Really thick chocolate that you dip the churros in. Yum.
ReplyDeletemom i like that picture of you and the guard. that must have been really funny! i would have been so scared to do that i might have wet my pants. i like all these pictures everything just looks so pretty, it reminds me of the pretty places we saw on tour.
ReplyDeleteI love the picture with Shauna and the guard too. I would especially love to watch Sharee try to take a picture with a guard and pee her pants.(= I would love to go to London someday. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletefrom val
ReplyDeleteHi Shauna and Kenton! I'm so glad you're giving a travel log. It's very cool.
ReplyDeleteWow sooo cool I want to come. Keep the posts coming. I know its a lot of work but I love it.
ReplyDeletegayle
It's amazing how those guards can stay so serious even when a crazy American is making kissy faces next to them! Ha ha, I love that picture Shauna. And I want some of that hot chocolate!
ReplyDelete