Sunday, June 8, 2008

Friday: Leed's Castle


Kenton and I took a large step back in time as we visited one of the most beautiful of all the castles I personally have visited. Yes, I have visited castles before, one in Krakow Poland and one in Prague in the Chez Republic. But the exterior beauty of the Leed’s Castle was stunning as you can see by the pictures below. The Castle includes a bridge over the moat, a large moat, and grounds covering nearly a square mile or more. It was spectacular! Click on the pictures - they are fantastic.

Draw Bridge and real Mote protect this castle which sits on beautiful grass acreage surrounded by gardens and thousands of Oak, Ash, and Walnut Trees! Peacocks roam freely. There are Christian Crosses Carved in windows but that is too hard to tell from this photo.














King Henry VIII owned this place and a wife lived here! I don't remember which one for sure.







We have many more photos of this spot but we have had much trouble with the internet here in London. Sorry - we will post them later.

1 comment:

  1. This is SO cool! We need more castles in the US. I guess fake ones or something, cause we don't really need any kings.

    ReplyDelete