Friday, February 26, 2010
Some Cool News
The cool news: two graduate students and a couple professors from my major are doing studies with autistic children and these new robots that some engineering students made specifically for this project. An important part of the study is the video recording of the interactions between the child and the robot. In my major there aren't really any research assisting opportunities for undergraduates, you're VERY lucky if you have a chance to work on anything practical as an undergraduate because most opportunities are given to other graduate students. I was informed by one of my professors of this opportunity to work as somewhat of a research assistant for this project and jumped at the chance. And I got it! It's just a volunteer thing so it's not a job but it's an incredible opportunity for me to work with a couple of my professors and graduate students and be a part of this new study with a couple of awesome kids. :) I'm so excited! I had all my training today and I actually start on Monday so I'm hittin' the ground running for this one but I can't wait to learn so much and have a great experience. Only a VERY small number of my classmates and I get to do this so I'm excited for what's next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment