Second, I just saw this and I thought it was beyond hilarious. I actually laughed out loud at the balloon boy part. But maybe a bit of background. I don't know when it became anything other than shameful to use a pitch correcter on recorded music. Seems to me that it would be like steriods for the musician. A couple of years ago a famous contemporary artist, Kanye West (and the first person in this sequence of videos) used a pitch correcter throughout his entire album. Since then it has become something of a staple at least in hip-hop music to use one.
Anyway, since pitch-corrected music has become so prevalent, funny people have decided to mock the genre by applying pitch corrected software to things that aren't actually singing at all. Newscasts, books on tape, things like that. Then they put some music behind it. Usually, a pretty average sounding song comes out of it. I love this because it really shows how simplistic most of the radio music (especially hip hop) is out there and how little talent it takes to make this stuff up.
This is unintentional auto-tune at its best.
Wow so music isnt what it used to be.
ReplyDeleteOuch Charlie!
I was in the attic!
Cookies lost.
Have a great day
That was so funny. Tyler wants to watch it again and again.(=
ReplyDeleteGreat Blog Dan - too funny and I actually do like the Charlie segment better then the original.
ReplyDelete