WARNING: may be slightly graphic (in pictures and/or subject matter)
Well, just thought I would give you all an update on what's been the haps up here at BYU. I could really make this a novel, but for everyone's sake I decided to just do brief bullet points of all that's happened lately. So here goes:
-3 weeks ago I severely sprained my wrist and scraped up my body while longboarding down Provo Canyon, landing a first date to the hospital. ...and no, there was no second date.
-2 weeks ago I went to Arizona with Bonnie to see Tyler's last waterpolo tournament and spend time with the family. It was a great break from the very pain&stress-full week.
-On my way back to Utah from Arizona I got my first speeding ticket in Buttville, Arizona. Bonnie helped me stay calm, but I can't say I don't hate the officer, he's a mean man.
-1 week ago I was on my way home from a date in Salt Lake when the sharpest pain I've ever felt hit me. I couldn't breathe but knew I had to get somewhere safe. I first tried the hospital in Sandy, but after sitting in the waiting room for 15 minutes, all alone with an entire adult-male gang (literally) and no security, I felt it best to leave and make the drive even tho it was midnight and I could only shallowly breathe. As soon as I got to Provo I went straight to the emergency room and was given very strong drugs, blood tests and a huge hospital gown. They let me go early in the morning when the tests were done, supposedly not finding anything wrong.
-Halloween was a bust, I didn't even step outside my apartment that day (except to pick up my car from the hospital), trying to feel better from the drugs they gave me the night before.
-This week my ONLY goal was to not go to the hospital. It's now Sunday and I can happily say I've been hospital free for 8 days. :) I did, however, pass out while walking around in my apartment yesterday, and woke up on the ground with my whole body on the kitchen tile floor except my head, which was right where the carpet started and right next to the sharp corner of the doorway. My only roommate home was in the shower, so I just had to pick myself back up and get over it.
-A couple days ago I did what every girl dreads...I was with Bonnie and we were talking, when a guy walks up to us who she knows. They talked for a minute and then he went to shake my hand (i get nervous when people try to shake my hand lately cuz I know it's going to hurt with my sprained wrist) and since I was so focussed on my hand hurting, I thought Bonnie was telling him my name so I just said whatever she said. well, she said his name to me instead. So basically as I shook his hand I said "Hi I'm Matt" at the same time he did, forgetting my own name and introducing myself as him. anyway, it made for a good laugh, but was VERY embarrassing.
-I can say one VERY good thing has happened lately that makes all the rest of this seem insignificant. I don't want to say this lightly, because it is very serious to me and I am very thankful for the blessings I have and the trials I don't have to cope with. At the beginning of the semester I tried to get this awesome job at a cafe in orem, and everything was working out so I could work there, the boss even told me what day to start working and stuff, but the day before my first day, his wife called and told me they didn't need me to work there anymore. I was really upset about it and I tried so hard go get it and I just wasn't understanding why it didn't work out.
(2 months later) Yesterday I found out that the man I was supposed to work for was arrested 2 weeks ago for abuse of a female employee. It made me so sad to hear about it and I feel absolutely horrible that another girl had to go through that. I also am very thankful that I was not able to work with this man, and although I was very upset and confused at the time about why getting that job didn't work out, I know now that this is exactly why. Sometimes we (by we I mostly mean I) just see all the things that are going very wrong, and often times it's true, A LOT is going wrong. But also, a lot is going right! A lot of times it's hard to think of the things that are going the way they are supposed to, and sometimes we don't even know what those things are! I didn't even know that it was a good thing I didn't get this job. Until 2 months later. And I'm sure there are things that take much longer than 2 months to figure out, but a lot more good is happening in life than it seems from day to day.
Just thought I'd share my thoughts with you. These past few weeks have been very difficult for me, and I've had a horrible attitude about it all. But I just want you all to know how grateful I am for my blessings, because I have MANY of them. And I know you have many blessings too. Look for them, count them, be thankful for them, and don't forget them.
I love you!
Love
Shareeba
That is an amazing story Sharee. What a crazy time. It really was a blessing in disguise that you didn't get that job. It is sometimes hard to think that NOT getting the job could be a blessing, but it certainly was in this case.
ReplyDeleteI luff you and I hope that you make it at least one more week without going to the hospital.
Daughter
ReplyDeleteI love your great attitude on life. I have been needing to count my blessings lately too wondering what is best for me and what is not.
Having patience is difficult sometimes. But having faith that doing all we know how to do and then letting The Lord do the rest is about all we can do.
Love you
Dad
Sharee -- Bless you my dear. You need it with all of these unusual events. You are having a fast paced grow up time in your life right now and I know you will come out a very strong young lady. Best wishes and much love, Grandpa Oakes. Let me know if there is anythng I can assit you with.
ReplyDelete