Christine and I took a weekend trip to Seattle so that she could visit her family, I could meet her parents for the first time and so we could get a little needed vacation. A large part of the trip was our adventure on Orcas Island, one of the San Juan Islands in the Puget Sound. We took a fairy leaving from Anacortes and came ashore, car and all. Over the next 2 days we explored the island: did many hikes, saw sites and visited the local stores, built fires and slept in a rustic cottage over 100 years old, right on the water. We ran the gamut of weather conditons including: snow, rain, sunshine, cloudy and foggy. We had to time our pictures just right so as to be able to capture the panoramic view before weather set in and covered it up. We had a great time-good people, good food, good competition for games..... good atmosphere!
Monday, March 30, 2009
Seattle
Christine and I took a weekend trip to Seattle so that she could visit her family, I could meet her parents for the first time and so we could get a little needed vacation. A large part of the trip was our adventure on Orcas Island, one of the San Juan Islands in the Puget Sound. We took a fairy leaving from Anacortes and came ashore, car and all. Over the next 2 days we explored the island: did many hikes, saw sites and visited the local stores, built fires and slept in a rustic cottage over 100 years old, right on the water. We ran the gamut of weather conditons including: snow, rain, sunshine, cloudy and foggy. We had to time our pictures just right so as to be able to capture the panoramic view before weather set in and covered it up. We had a great time-good people, good food, good competition for games..... good atmosphere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you're trip was great! I really like the pictures! And I know that jacket, haha. :)
ReplyDeleteI love it, I love it, I love it! I suspected that you might be dating this girl from Sharee's pictures of your visit up there. She is SOOOO cute! And you guys are SOOOO cute together! Tyler, you look very happy! I've never seen you look that happy, except when talking inside jokes with Andrew. :) Oh, this is so fun! How did you meet? I need to hear these stories. :)
ReplyDeleteLove, Kim
Sounds like a great time--one I would like to experience. I guess those are Christine's parents with you guys. Sounds very promising:)
ReplyDeleteWe loved going to Orcas island-- we did a bike trip around the island, though it was a sunnier day than your visit. I can't believe we missed you in Seattle by one week! Looks super fun.
ReplyDeleteI smell an engagement coming up soon? I love Seattle! So jealous!
ReplyDelete