Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Classic Family Story :)

So tonight as I talked to mom and dad I remembered a story from a few years ago that will forever be a family classic.
So one time Mom, Dad and I went to a Nickel Creek concert at an outdoor theater thing that was relatively small (for a concert) but we were still far enough away to not see the stage quite clearly. I happened to have forgotten my glasses, so I my vision was definitely not good enough to see what was going on. I sat between mom and dad  and the concert started. It was still light outside, so mom had her prescription sunglasses, but other than that we had nothing to help, so I just dealt with the fact that I couldn't see. Soon enough it got dark and mom didn't need those sunglasses anymore. Since it was dark, it got harder and harder for me to see and I was getting frustrated cuz the concert wasn't even worth it if I couldn't see anything. So mom and I made what I would have considered a reasonable ruckus trying to figure out what to do. Eventually I settled for using mom's sunglasses...in the dark...but if that wasn't dumb enough, mom has a different prescription than me and her stronger eye is opposite mine...so I literally HAD to wear them upside down. So here I am watching the darn concert wearing my MOTHER's SUNglasses UPSIDEdown. You would think maybe someone-- especially someone very near, even RIGHT NEXT to me (aka dad) might have noticed this whole process. Well...he didn't. I sat there the rest of the concert like that, just dealing with it and relatively enjoying myself. Eventually the concert ended and we all walked out to the car along with the crowd. I gave mom's sunglasses back to her and complained a little about what I just had to do with them for the past 2 hours. When dad heard me mention I couldn't see, he casually lifted up his arm (with something in his hand) and said "Sharee, why didn't you just use our binoculars?" "um, We didn't BRING our binoculars Dad." "Yeah we did, I put them under your chair, they were there the whole time why didn't you just say something?" ....yeah...thats right....Dad brought the binoculars, put them under MY chair, and proceeded NOT to mention that to anyone else. And somehow he didn't notice anything mom and I did to help me see the concert better. Mom and I got a little frustrated but it was mostly just funny to see dad holding the binoculars that could have so easily solved all problems. Then all dad said was "welp.... I was a loser at the beginning of the day...and now I'm a loser at the end of the day." hahah, we all just started laughing at the whole situation and mom and I assured dad of course he wasn't a loser. haha, it was definitely a night I won't forget for a LONG time. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Haha, this is so classic!! Reesh, you're an awesome story teller. Do you know that? I think that you should tell more stories. Like, uhhh, I don't know, maybe the one about the "burrito." Hmmmm, yummy, yummy, in my tummy.

    ReplyDelete