I think I may just give up!!! Today I read in an online “Mormon magazine” that “Driving is a magnificent test of our Christian character. We are generally quite anonymous, we have lots of power, and we are fully goal-directed. If anything will demonstrate our spiritual maturity, I suppose that driving will.”
So my driving skills are now to be added to the list of things I am going to be judged by? If this truly is the case that my eternal real estate address is to be determined by how I drive on the freeway then I may as well give up now. I mean, I do believe that you can tell a lot about a person by how they drive. But as for me I do not think a fair judgment could be made on my “Christ like Qualities” by my under breath monolog with fellow drivers. So I admit that I honk the horn, even multiple times if I have to, and I do talk to other motorists when I think they need a talking to, like the person who has their turn signal on without knowing it and as I courteously wait for them to make their turn I get a bit irritated and simply let them know that they may need to retake drivers ed. So I guess the big mansion will not have my name on it after all!
Oh no, I think I am in trouble too.
ReplyDeleteBeing Christlike does not mean that you have to allow stupid people to endanger others with their dangerous driving. We have been sent to this mortal existence to learn, and sometimes YOU have to be the one to teach the lesson. Use the horn.
ReplyDelete