HOME
So I drove all day, arriving home at 2am, 3am Utah time....
My dad got mad at me for eating at 2 in the morning, I didn't know that was usually a problem since I do that every night of my life....
I went to sleep in my queen size bed. It felt so...huge, and quite empty. i guarantee at least 7 of us girls could have piled up in there....
I woke up at 1pm. It felt nice, no responsibility. But no one screaming in the hall outside my door all morning or slamming their doors repeatedly waking me up every 5 minutes since 6am....
I walked outside my room and the house was all clean. I felt like I shouldn't touch anything. My parents have this thing with making it all zen friendly lately, tulip bulbs on the living room table and all that jazz....
I got up and had real yogurt with real fruit and real nuts, courtesy of my mom and dad. (They tell me it's their new favorite breakfast) It was like eating health. I felt like I needed to go for a jog or do yoga or work on my chi or something.... something in spandex and a tank top....
Then I took a bath, only to look up and find that my parents put in a new shower head. And I didn't have to wear my flip flops. That was weird....
I did my laundry alone, I did my makeup alone, I picked out my outfit alone (but still a million times), I unpacked alone. It was quite the change....
My mom went and got my dog from the kennel. Then Liberty didn't even acknowledge my existence for the first 3 hours she was home. All she wanted were my socks. I would have thought at least my dog would have been some type of companion my first day home....
I went to push my door open about 20 times, just to totally make a fool of myself running into a door that clearly doesn't open until you turn the knob. I should put a magnet in that thing man....
So, now I sit here reflecting on the day. It's been good, but not the same. My point? I miss it all. I miss school and friends and the way things were. It was hard in the moment-the BYU experience, but looking back I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. You all have changed me and shaped me and I just want you all to know I'm better today because of YOU!! I love you all and wish you the best summer ever. Girls, I can't wait 'til Fall, when we go back as sophomores. It's gonna be a blast. And guys.... I have no doubt you ALL have the best 2 years of your lives ahead of you. Stay strong, and stay freakin awesome. Love you!!! :)
My dad got mad at me for eating at 2 in the morning, I didn't know that was usually a problem since I do that every night of my life....
I went to sleep in my queen size bed. It felt so...huge, and quite empty. i guarantee at least 7 of us girls could have piled up in there....
I woke up at 1pm. It felt nice, no responsibility. But no one screaming in the hall outside my door all morning or slamming their doors repeatedly waking me up every 5 minutes since 6am....
I walked outside my room and the house was all clean. I felt like I shouldn't touch anything. My parents have this thing with making it all zen friendly lately, tulip bulbs on the living room table and all that jazz....
I got up and had real yogurt with real fruit and real nuts, courtesy of my mom and dad. (They tell me it's their new favorite breakfast) It was like eating health. I felt like I needed to go for a jog or do yoga or work on my chi or something.... something in spandex and a tank top....
Then I took a bath, only to look up and find that my parents put in a new shower head. And I didn't have to wear my flip flops. That was weird....
I did my laundry alone, I did my makeup alone, I picked out my outfit alone (but still a million times), I unpacked alone. It was quite the change....
My mom went and got my dog from the kennel. Then Liberty didn't even acknowledge my existence for the first 3 hours she was home. All she wanted were my socks. I would have thought at least my dog would have been some type of companion my first day home....
I went to push my door open about 20 times, just to totally make a fool of myself running into a door that clearly doesn't open until you turn the knob. I should put a magnet in that thing man....
So, now I sit here reflecting on the day. It's been good, but not the same. My point? I miss it all. I miss school and friends and the way things were. It was hard in the moment-the BYU experience, but looking back I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. You all have changed me and shaped me and I just want you all to know I'm better today because of YOU!! I love you all and wish you the best summer ever. Girls, I can't wait 'til Fall, when we go back as sophomores. It's gonna be a blast. And guys.... I have no doubt you ALL have the best 2 years of your lives ahead of you. Stay strong, and stay freakin awesome. Love you!!! :)
Very cool post Sharee-bee. I remember having several of those "fun experiences" coming home after Freshman year at the Y. Enjoy your summer home and tell California hello for us!
ReplyDeleteSharee, so fun! Girl, those will be some of the best memories of your entire life, and some of your best friends forever. My college roommates (we met in Chipman 3200 and lived thogether the rest of our college days...) are all over the country now with hubbies and babies, but when we get together, we still laugh harder and cry more when we get together than anyone I know. Enjoy your time at home with no homework, and good luck next year!
ReplyDelete-Suzanne